Miyerkules, Abril 5, 2017

Spotty's Sweetest Meowmories



'Let's save strays just like Spotty'

Dear God, please send me somebody who'll care!
I'm so tired of running and sick with despair.
My body is aching and filled with such pain;...
And dear God I pray, as I run in the rain
That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed, and food of my own.

My last owner left me alone in the yard...
I watched as they moved, and God that was hard.
So I waited a while, then went on my way
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
But now, God, I'm so tired and hungry and cold;
And I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.

They've chased me with sticks and hit me with straps
While I run in the streets just looking for scraps!
I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can,
For I have become just a "Victim of Man!"

I'm wormy, dear God, and I'm ridden with fleas;
And all that I want is an Owner to please!
If you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good.
I won't scratch the carpet; I'll do as I should.

I'll love them, play with them, and try to obey.
I will be so grateful if they'll let me stay!
I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
'Cause I'm getting weak and I'm so all alone.

Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
'Cause I'm so afraid God that I'm gonna die.
I've got so much love and devotion to give
That I should be given a new chance to live!

So dear God, please hear me, please answer my prayer,
And send me somebody who will REALLY care.

Puff Daddy - I'll Be Missing You

'Spotty was put in a box and I bury his remains. Run free, we love you!'


Ten hours have passed since you've been gone and I miss you right now. You may be short-lived but you possessed me with your extraordinary sweetness. I really wish I could complete the mission of saving you but I totally understand that you can't hold on anymore. I remember the day when I first saw you in the middle of the wall divider in the highway of Aguinaldo and it's just an inches away before you've almost been crush by the passing vehicles. That's the reason why I named you SPOTTY besides the grayish spots on your fur. I have called you spotty because of the fact that I have spotted you and I've come for you and take you home with me. Honestly, I think twice before I decided to get you, it's been five blocks ahead. I walked back to find you and luckily I still found you there at the canvas. I laughed at myself cause I'm seeing your eyes rolling when you're looking the deadly tires that could almost put your tragic end. Wapakels ako when I took you while these people are looking at me. All I know is that you're already safe in my hands. 

I took you home and just a brief explanation of your fate in the street my mother agreed to keep you. I didn't post you on social media, cause I don't have too. I don't need to. Ayokong isipin ng ibang tao na kung tumutulong ka you have to keep it on your own and wag na ipublicize. At your first week at home, I don't see any signs of your weakness because you ate a lot; fish, chicken, pork and even foods from Jollibee you've tasted it good. And from there, the first time I heard your loud happy meows.

Why did I say extraordinary sweetness? Well, Spotty is not like those other cats, he's like a dog when he heard your voice going downstairs he will run at you and make his meows when he sees you in the morning. Sumasalubong siya always kapag may bumababa galing sa taas. When this cat is in the living room and you lie down on the sofa he will jump at you and sleep at your tummy. This kitty will also bump his head on your face, he will rub his cold nose and whiskers at your cheek. And when you try to soft slap him he will bump your body and he will just lay down by your side.

But the last week of March is shaky you started to show signs that make me nervous a lot. It worries me every time I go to work when I leave the house and you refused to eat. 

Today, in the morning I don't hear you meows. I don't want to disturb you, you were sleeping. I don't think that there's something wrong with you. But when you wake up you can't even get up and you lose your balance when you tried to walk towards me. But still you managed to walk through me and I carry you on my lap and touch your ears and it was so cold. Your eyes were pale and your paws were cold as well. We tried to make you sip water with sugar but still, you refused and your head feels so heavy that you can't even look at us. I started to get worried and decided to bring you to the nearby veterinary clinic. There,  they started to examine you and found out that there were eggs of worm in your stomach that makes you vomit liquids every now and then. The doctor says they cannot deworm you as you feel so weak. They inject you with this long needle (to put you in serum) through your veins and I hear your cries which I also felt the pain. My eyes are teary at that moment and I couldn't even look at you. They put you in a cage and when I'm staring in front of you to say that I'll be back in the afternoon to visit you responded with a gentle "meow" even if you feel really, really tired. I say goodbye with your eyes half awaken.

Tears rolled down my eyes when I received a text from the doctor. She said that you can't make it and you stop breathing at around 11:50 am. I rushed to the veterinary clinic and saw you in the cage already lifeless. I buried you in our little garden and offer a prayer for you. You will always be in our family even just a nick of time. You made my mother cry and she was also attached with your sweetness.

I always attached with dogs but this cat is really different. #HeavenSent

I love you Spotty and run free to the Rainbow Bridge! 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento