Miyerkules, Disyembre 23, 2015

Of Woofs and Wags: PROJECT PAWPRINTS



'Cant care for an animal? DON'T GET ONE!


"If you can't help them, at least, don't hurt them".

If you think your life is tough on you, THINK AGAIN. There are innocent beings who have less than you have. This cruel world is too much on animals. Consider giving your time, effort, or money to help the homeless. For those of you here in our country, take personal charge of a homeless and needy animals. The world will be a better place because of your compassion.

I have started this campaign early this month by myself and I will promise to continue this little effort 2 days every week, every rest day from my work. It's called PROJECT PAWPRINTS!

Simple lang, walang halong kiyeme or cheche bureche. I'm on a bike and looking for homeless dogs and cats. It's just like on wheels delivery of foods for their hungry stomachs. You'll never know kung gaano na sila katagal hindi kumakaen. After the last day of work, I'll wake up at 3 AM to prepare foods in a styro. Six packs of fully loaded rice and adobo are enough on my bag. Passing by from Buhay na Tubig Palico 4 to Zapote Kabila Palengke route riding a bicycle, you can see a lot of poor innocent dogs and cats on the streets. Some of them sleeping on a sidewalk (despite the cold) and a lot of them scavenging raw foods from the trash. Others want to cross the street, but others are too weak, that cause many deaths from a road kill. This morning, I found 3 separate road kills one is a cat which I guess it was accidentally run by a speeding car. The cat was near the canvas, but maybe because of the hard impact, the cat didn't make it. In Aguinaldo Hi-way when I'm passing Barangay Malumot in front of Christian Values School a stray dog was brutally run over. I can't describe it, but we know when we say "brutal" it something like unrecognized.

'This what I give them on a  first try, a simple offer to provide food for their hungry stomachs'


But still, I just want to clear some things, for sure there are other people would say things like these "ang taos-pusong pagtulong hindi na kailangang pinapaalam sa iba". I don't need to be noticed by doing this kind of help. It's my passion since I was a kid, I've been doing this since my teenage days. Tama hindi na kailangang ipagladlaran na tumutulong ka, but posting this stuff would more help the homeless animals. It would give encouragement and inspiration to others, alam ko merong mga tao diyan na gusto tumulong pero hindi alam kung saan, paano at anong paraan. For others, they may think "kalokohan" or "kabaliwan" lang ito. But "NO" my friends, when you give and see those needy eyes looking at you there's nothing you can do, maaawa ka na lang because of their weak bodies.  It's an awesome feeling helping them and they will stare back at you saying "thank you" with their eyes looking at you. I wish that I could do this every day, but I can't. There is this dog near the intersection of SM Bacoor, this dog is a big furry friend, pero nahahalata mo na sa kanya na unti unti na siyang nagiging skinny. I guess niligaw ng amo, you can see from this dog na dati talaga siyang alaga.The dog keeps snipping the canvas, I notice him. I stop by, I parked my bike. I bring this brown bag in front of him and I was surprised because he's not running, hindi siya mailap unlike the others.


December 17, I started to prepare at 3 AM in the morning, with the same old packed foods of Nanay's Adobo. This time, the foods were prepared in a small plastic bowl container. I can only manage to arrange four bowls in my bag but all four were fully loaded with Adobo. Madilim at malamig ang pagpadyak and the headlight of my bike suddenly went down, I guess, the battery is already drained which is very dangerous for me to go along the highway. But still, I told myself that I'm already here and I don't want to get back, I just need to be extra careful manning the bike.

First stop was at Palico 4, I saw this dog patiently sitting and wagging its tail from a boy in front of the store, hoping that the boy will share his foods to our  fur baby. The human ignores him and I guess that's the time for me to show on the scene. I parked my bike for about 5 steps before him to avoid him being scared of me  and also to keep away from destruction. The dog seems to be friendly and wag his tail as I'm approaching. Those innocent eyes are waiting for what am I pulling out of the bag, the dog's eyes are delighted when he sees the happy bowl that I gonna give to him. With glee on his face and the speed of the  wagging tail might tell him that I am not a threat and I am not gonna hurt him. So I put the food down next to him, he walks slowly and started to feast on my Adobo (with the tails still wagging. Happy kid!

Thursday last week is also time for Simbang Gabi, so preno muna ang bike papuntang simbahan and for sure that I'm gonna see a lot of strays around the church, especially at the food area at the back of the  church. It was the second day of the  Simbang Gabi and I can't even find a parking area for the bike. So I just decided to stay outside and join the mass riding on my bike. The mass ended after 40   minutes, strolling at the back of the church to find a hungry fur baby. There were lots of food lugaw, arrozcaldo, puto bumbong, bibingka, mami etc. I believe I am at the right place to find my second stray for the night. While waiting, I buy taho to keep my stomach warm from the cold night. From the last gulp of my taho, suddenly I spotted a white dog approaching the mami-lugaw-arrozcaldo section. He sits in front of the people feasting on their hot noodles  with chunks of beef, but the dog was driven away. He's afraid and run a bit, crossed the street and looking for something to eat in the garbage. I crossed the street and went to him slowly before he messed up the trash bin. The dog didn't even scared of me and I managed to take pictures on him directly looking at the camera. I gave him the two bowls because the cat runs away.

Daniela Andrada - Christmas time is here ft. The Cutest Dog in the Galaxy

What breaks my heart while approaching the Nueno avenue, the street aside BPI, I saw a white dog with black spot and a spot on his eye similarly like Tagpi, skinny, and his back leg is injured. I hate to leave him without food, but there's nothing that I could do right now, I 'm out of food supplies.  I wish I can see you there again tonight for Round 3 of Project  Pawprints.  

People for sure, marami sa ating ang magkakaroon ng leftover foods on this Noche Buena tonight. Why don't we share a bit? Let's feed the hungry people/strays tonight because giving is absolutely the  true spirit of this Holiday Seasons! Wag maging  Ebenezer Scrooge, get out of your houses and do good, give love o those needy on this most wonderful event of the year! It's Christmas time bro! Buh  humbug!

Merry Christmas sa lahat ng nagbabasa at bumibisita sa Ubasnamaycyanide.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento